Wednesday, December 22, 2010

[TRANS] 101221 HoMin for Ginger Magazine - 'None of the Smiles are Genuine' Part 2

Q: You've matured so much, can we expect you to offer something new in the days to come?
YH: Yeah! Be it singing or dancing, Changmin will take from me what is uniquely mine and I will do the same. We'll learn from one another and keep progressing.

CM: Up till today, we've put an immense amount of effort into recording and rehearsing. There is nothing in this world that will ever be 100% satisfactory, and that's basically what we're going to keep in mind as we restart our activities as a duo. It's not that we're giving ourselves excuses… we hope to improve through projecting the joy of singing, undergoing a change in our style and doing our very best.

YH: The most important thing for us is singing in harmony. All along, we've held the highest and lowest parts and we questioned whether or not we'd be able to adopt to the change. Sometimes we'd get anxious over that. I'm working towards making my voice sound more masculine and Changmin is learning to refine his. Of course, it's not all that simple, but the outcome was better than we had expected.

CM: I've always thought that my voice went pretty well with Yunho's (laughs), we'll maintain the style TVXQ has always had whilst also bringing our fans something that belongs solely to the two of us! I can genuinely feel a sense of security.

YH: I think we proved that at SMTown. As long as you don't give up, you'll have the strength to overcome anything. Of course, messages like 'Fighting, we'll always wait for you' also motivated us. In order to repay our fans, we've reverted back to the mindset from when we first started out, we're going to face this like we're rookies and it's our debut.

PART 2 STARTS HERE

CM: I used to always be the youngest one, but recently I've been working with people who are even younger than me. On top of that, there are now some members of staff who follow me when I'm working on my individual activities. Since I have new responsibilities, I hope to share some of Yunho's responsibility besides simply being a member of TVXQ.

YH: Changmin has really begun to exude the aura of a leader recently… sometimes he acts more like the hyung than I do (laughs). Changmin is an adult now and we're equal, as long as it's his decision, I won't have a problem with it. This means that I now have more time and there's a new type of atmosphere between the two of us. It makes me really happy.

Q: So Changmin's days as the maknae are over?
CM: I'm not bragging in any way. Age and experience go hand in hand and so Yunho will always be better. I don't think 2 or 3 years is enough for an artist to really develop. It's a continuous process and you'll get better over time. Right now, I have to really focus and give my 100%, I think I can do that.

Q: Given the circumstances, is there any aspect where you feel you could make a breakthrough?
CM: Be it singing or acting, as a 22 year old male, I want to further express the sentiments of romantic love. Even though it sounds so mature, it's just something I've had on my mind. Whether it is love I'm experiencing now or emotions from past relationships, I think what I need to do now is to fully express it, that's something I didn't used to do.

Q: Ah. When have you been in a relationship in the past? Are you in one now?
CM: Haha, it's a shame. It's been so cold this winter… I feel myself being chilled to the bone (laughs).

Q: I see that learning to dodge the question is another sign of you maturing
CM: Well, Yunho will be taking part in his musical this Christmas, I hope I'll have something to do too.

Q: I heard that the two of you are still living together?
YH: Yeah, we're like brothers (laughs). We used to sleep in the same room, but now we've separated. We'll eat together whenever we have time and play video games that we take from the staff, or we'll watch DVDs and sports programmes, and argue with one another.

Q: Haven't you ever thought of dating?
YH: I don't have that kind of luck! But I really want to get married, if I ever meet the right person, I'd definitely confess. Like I said, this year was like a turning point. Next year will mark the beginning of our activities; it'll be an important year for myself and for TVXQ and it'll give us the opportunity to further ourselves.

Q: Seeing as it's a time of adjustment, is there anything you'd like to say?
YH: Rather than saying it's been a difficult year, more than anything, it's been lonely. There's no real reason for it other than the simple fact that there are some things that only we ourselves would know and understand. I think Changmin feels the same. I promised myself that 'I'll continue to work hard from now on. In order to repay all the people who have continued to support us, we must come back.'

CM: None of the smiles you see are genuine, it's because I have no choice; it's the only thing I can do.* I'll bring myself to the next level and I'll learn to spread my wings and fly.My dream has always been and will always be the same, as part of TVXQ, I hope to produce music that will go down in history. That's how Yunho and I feel.

* Putting a smile on my face like this is no easy feat, without absolute focus, one could not possibly hope to accomplish anything.
(A/N: Please bear in mind that I translated this interview from the Chinese version, not the original Japanese. I've checked 3 different translations of this same article, and all of them state the above (what I wrote originally) but in case of any misunderstandings, I've added an alternate interpretation. (credits: Uknowbar) Hope this doesn't confuse anyone.)

YH: Once you've climbed a mountain, you have to come down eventually, but it's because you've done it once that you know you can always reach higher. It is because of our descent that we are ascending once again. That day, when the two of us stood on the stage of SMTown, we found ourselves the next peak to conquer and now we're making our way towards it, one step at a time.

Credits: TVXQBaidu + Maxbar + Ginger + NeverEnd
Trans by: dorfehh@DBSKnights
Shared by: DBSKnights

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DBSK Lovers Online

Hits

-♥Followers♥-

Blog Archive

 

DBSK Kingdom Copyright 2009 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipietoon Image by Tadpole's Notez