Friday, February 19, 2010

[TRANS] 100218 Yahoo! Music Japan, "What Tohoshinki Has Been Feeling While Having Activities in Japan"

By music writer Itou Hironobu

Tohoshinki just released their first best album "BEST SELECTION 2010" in 2/17. On this occasion, I have recollected and compiled all the interviews and information I made about them up until now. Moreover, in the photo gallery, there is a collection of photos from their 2007-2008-2009 live tours, as well as photos from their various release events and jacket photos from the singles whose songs are included in this album.


What Tohoshinki Has Been Feeling While Having Activities in Japan
Five years after making their debut in Japan, Tohoshinki finally released their first best album "BEST SELECTION 2010". With their skillful dancing and excellent singing abilities where every each of the five members can be the lead vocal, the miracle named Tohoshinki has swept away the Japanese music scene. While listening to this album of Tohoshinki, I recalled my memories of them up until now.

I first met them in their dressing room during their live tour in 2007 at Nippon Budoukan. It was for the report of the live for their "SHINE" photobook. Half a month later, I had a chance to meet them again in Okinawa where they were having photoshoots for "SHINE". Since I was in charge of writing about the photoshoots, I had a chance to talk to them while we were eating together. Through their talks of Korea, of their life in Tokyo, etc.… their honest personality has left me a very deep impression.

Tohoshinki already had their big break in Korea when they first set their feet on the land of Japan. When they first arrived at the airport, "there was hardly any fan," said Yoochun. Although they were already a Korean top star to the point that there would be no empty seat at their concert, they debuted in Japan as a new artist. While still having culture and language barriers, they accepted the reality and started out singing acapella at small live houses and going to handshake events. Junsu recalled that they were very frustrated for not being able to convey their feelings due to their lack of language skill.

"For us, Japanese activities were our very first challenge, so we felt very anxious and insecure. However, when we looked at the faces of our fans while singing, we felt very happy and thought that we should work even harder." (Junsu)

Changmin also said, "When we first had our debut, we were so busy everyday that it became a luxurious dream for us to do what we wanted to. However, when we saw the smiles of our fans during our tour, we were able to gain more confidence to carry on to our next dream."

Three years after their debut in Japan, in 2008, their Japanese became fluent, and it seemed like they were also able to enjoy their private life. Yoochun also talked about it.

"I do go to Shibuya sometimes. Those are times when I want to eat hokke [mackerel] (LOL). Tonkotsu ramen is also very delicious, isn't it!"

"The moment I take a bath after coming home is my most relaxing time! However, I'm also the type of person who only take a quick dip in a bathtub and get out dancing when I bath by myself (LOL)" (Junsu)

Even though they are a top star, their every life is just as normal as everyone. I still remember their simple and down-to-Earth personality even now.


About the Songs of "Member's Choice" in DISC 2

The process of the five years that they earnestly spent growing up together is engraved in this "BEST SELECTION 2010". From their debut song "Stay With Me Tonight" to "Stand by U", all of the singles were compiled and put together in DISC 1. While listening to it, we are able to feel their talent and individuality as well as their flexibility and sense in different genres of music.

The included songs are probably there to remind their fans of the memories they made. When one listens to a song, that person might be able to recall the time and place that are related to that song. I think such kind of deja vu songs are not rare. For me, that deja vu song is "Summer Dream". It reminds me of the first time I wrote about their photobook in Okinawa.

At that time, I went to Okinawa to write about their music video of "Summer Dream". At that time, the temperature was over 30°C with a very extremely sun. However, no matter how much they were sweating, they kept dancing and dancing until the scene became perfect. When I listen to this song, I am able to recall the figures of them dancing at that time. Moreover, I heard from the staff that even though they had filming schedule from early in the morning until late at night and only had a few hours of sleep, when they had some free time, they would immediately dive into the hotel's pool. I remembered them also for their ability to distinguish between on and off, and their ability to concentrate when they have to work.

"BEST SELECTION 2010" comes with 3 versions - 2CD+DVD, CD+DVD, and CD. Amongst the three of them, CD+DVD version contains the songs of "Member's Choice" in DISC 2. That reminds me of the question, "What song would leave the most impression in their memories?"

"For me it's "Love in the Ice". When we first sang it at and event, I saw people who were shedding tears while listening, I felt like crying too. This is a very deep song that leaves a great impression in my memories." (Yunho)

"For me it's "Purple Line". The highlight is Yunho's rap. I thought to myself, "He's so cool. Doesn't he sound like an American?" (LOL)" (Jaejoong)

Jaejoong also talked about "Forever Love", "No matter how many times I sing it, I always get goosebumps, and that's how much I love the song." The song he chose this time is a little bit different from what he said that time. It's probably because that as time passes, he was able to make new memories with the song he chose this time.

I suddenly remembered something. It was during the photoshoots for the photobook at Araha Beach in Chatan, Okinawa. While the sun was slowing approaching the horizon, they were having a break. Without having to say a word to each other, they immediately took out the bats and balls, and started to fool around like teenagers on the white sand. No matter if it's working or playing, they always give it their best. Even now, I still remember vividly the figures of them who were soaking in the orange color of the setting sun.

Tohoshinki is a group of five people who have the best performances and personalities. As the time piles up, I believe that they will keep fascinating more people into their charisma and never stop shining.

Source: Yahoo! Music Japan
Translation: linhkawaii @ OneTVXQ.com
Credits: OneTVXQ.com { One World. One Red Ocean. One TVXQ! }

Feel free to repost, but please leave the full credits intact. Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DBSK Lovers Online

Hits

-♥Followers♥-

Blog Archive

 

DBSK Kingdom Copyright 2009 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipietoon Image by Tadpole's Notez